6.15.2015

# Get Ready With Me # Seek Out the Arts

Get Ready With Me A Night at the Theatre



I went to see Murder for Two at The Geffen Playhouse this past weekend. What a wonderful production. It was a murder mystery musical with two actors and it was a rollicking good time (especially if you love mysteries like me!)




The pictures of the actors, Jeff Blumenkrantz and Brett Ryback, are from the Geffen's website

I hear the show has been extended into August, so if you are in the Los Angeles area, do check it out!

Get ready with me in this week's video as we do makeup, hair, nails and I show you my outfit. I do hope you enjoy!
If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or check out my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Makeup used in the video:

**Please note: You do not need to own the makeup I use in this video. You can most likely create this look with the makeup you already have.

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation

Benefit Fake Up undereye concealer

Benefit Boi-ing concealer

Mac eyebrow powder

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude palette ivory over the entire lid, naked (light brown with pink tones) in the crease and gold on the lid to the crease

Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliner in caviar ink

YSL Volume Effet Faux Clis mascara in burgundy
MAC mineralize blush in soul

Hourglass lipstick in peace

News

Lessons from Madame Chic is listed on Style Sprinter among some other great titles as the perfect summer reading.

Sarah of Joy Filled Days is enjoying At Home With Madame Chic.

Kimily Kendrick gives At Home With Madame Chic a rave review on her blog.

Madame Chic Inspiring Thought
Schedule a trip to the city or go see a local play in your town. Support the arts. Make it an event and enjoy every moment of it. Tell your friends. You might inspire them to revive their love of the arts again too.

Comment of the Week
In last week's review on Teeccino herbal coffee, Hey PJ wrote:

Enjoyed the post, love your blog. I am mostly a tea drinker (all kinds), but I have tried Teeccino in years past and enjoyed it. I love the occasional cup of coffee black, as long as it is a fine quality roast and blend. But wanting to avoid the caffeine jitters/habit, I have long used caffeine-free beverages. Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma is very nice. I enjoy Cafix for that dark, robust warmth and it is also good with coconut sugar and cream or almond milk. It is made from roasted barley, chicory, malt, figs and red beet concentrate. Completely caffeine free!


Thank you for the recommendations PJ!

For more on The Geffen Playhouse, visit www.geffenplayhouse.com


Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer:

Great post! It's fun to see how someone else gets ready for an event!

Although I have not commented before, I have been following your blog since last fall. I have read your posts from the beginning and have learned so much from you. I have purchased and enjoyed both your books and feel so inspired after spending time with your words both printed and online. You give me a little push to take the necessary steps to improve my life on a daily basis. I am now using my antique teacups every day, never leaving the house without considering how I look, playing our local classical radio station, and on and on... Your gentle reminders have elevated my life and I am feeling happy because I think I always meant to live this way but got bogged down somewhere.

Thank you for all that you do for us readers. I look forward to your posts every week!

Christine from Toronto, Canada

Jovan said...

Hi Jennifer! Stunning as always! I noticed your earrings in another video. Where are they from? They are so modern, yet chic and delicate! As Christine said, you inspire us all to be our best...every day! Thank you for setting such high standards for women based on authentic femininity rather than the world's distorted, hyper sexual ideal. Merci mille fois!

Jovan from Hoboken, NJ

Christine said...

Jennifer, I want to thank you so much for bringing much joy and structure to my life. I've purchased both your books and have pre ordered your third. If I'm being honest I've watch every one of your uploads at least three times over. My wardrobe, home and outlook in my life makes me so happy now I'm organised and living with quality and enjoyment for the beautiful things I've been blessed with .
Your Tuesday morning here in Australia are the most enjoyable as I sit with my morning cup of tea and be inspired by the amazing woman that you are. Thank you Z

MamaBirdEmma said...

My nine year old daughter and I loved watching this video together! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I looked into our theater options, as we've just moved to the Denver area, and I am so excited there are so many great options, including Murder for Two! Thank you for the continual encouragement and inspiration to be our best selves. It is an unexpectedly fun and exciting journey. Not daunting or as hard as I have thought at the beginning.

Vicki Zimmerman said...

I love your "getting ready" posts and this is just the kind of play I would love to see. I'm so happy you had fun and you looked perfectly polished for the event. Thank you so much for telling us about the Seche Vite top coat, which I'd not heard of and I plan to buy this week. I always learn something from you with each video.