11.12.2012

# 10 Item Wardrobe # fashion

Ten-Item Wardrobe: Getting Started



One of the topics I get asked the most about from Lessons from Madame Chic is the Ten-Item Wardrobe. So many of us are used to having dozens, if not hundreds, of garments hanging in our wardrobe. The thought of having only ten core items per season seems daunting, if not impossible.

I know, because I was one of those people. My wardrobe was filled (and I mean filled) with clothes but for some reason I was never satisfied with my style and never seemed to have anything I wanted to wear. Learning about the ten-item wardrobe in Paris changed all that and my goodness has it been a revelation!

The next few weeks will be devoted to the ten-item wardrobe. So let's get started!

Watch this week's video to hear my tips for getting your own ten-item wardrobe underway. Even if you only do this as an experiment, the benefits are tremendous.

If you are unable to see the video in this post, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

And for Southern California residents, tune in to KCAL 9 news at noon this Wednesday, November 14th to see me discuss the ten-item wardrobe live!

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

8 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love your book and all the tips.
I am not quite down to 10 items but I have whittled my closet to a very bare minimum and I am so happy with what I have left and how easy it is to get dressed for any occasion.
With the exception of a Red Carpet Event!

I think you'll be needing one of those very soon with the success of your book!

Susanne said...

i have become obsessed with your blog and the "french" way of living! i cleaned my closet out for hours yesterday, have an embarrassingly huge pile of clothes to give away and STILL have nowhere close to only 10 items! baby steps, right? even the little i have done made me feel so good...i can't wait to continue clearing the clutter out.
i think i am becoming more aware of what my style is and i'm really trying to focus on buying quality pieces instead of throwing a cardigan or pair of pants in my basket at target because it's a "good deal."
thanks for your all your wonderful tips. keep inspiring all of us!

Rio said...

Thank you so much for revisiting this topic. It is one of my biggest areas I need to work on. I am inspired every time I read about the 10 item wardrobe.

Laura Gail said...

This is my favorite topic from your book! Looking forward to the rest of the series! I'm still losing the baby weight so I'm buying a few inexpensive pieces until I get the rest off and can buy some designer jeans and other items. You look great by the way!!

Unknown said...

How about a Kindle version of your book?

Kristien62 said...

Congratulations on your book. It is so very helpful. I have a Nook version and had pre-ordered. I was excited when the icon appeared on my Nook the other day. Well-done.

As for the ten item wardrobe, I am still working on it. But it is so much easier to shop my closet as I whittle it down to the workable core.

D said...

I am the show scheduled on the DVR and I just started reading your book. I hope that you share some French recipes too. My mouth was watering when you discussed the strawberry tart. Oh yea, and I got rid of 5 bags of clothes last night. Scaling down my closet!

Kathryn Bechen said...

I bought your book today Jennifer and looking forward to reading the new edition!