6.06.2011

# beauty # Reviews

On Décolleté and La Isha Skincare Review

Before this week’s post begins be sure to check out my latest video on How I Store my Makeup. In the video I show you my (capsule) makeup collection, give you a tour of our master bathroom and show you how I maximize storage for beauty items in our small space. To view the video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog or visit: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

And now to this week’s post On Décolleté…


I spend an awful lot of time and attention taking care of the skin on my face and neck. I try out numerous products, slather myself with the best creams and serums, wear sunglasses and sunscreens, do research on the latest technologies, religiously use my Clairisonic and get regular facials. Phew! This is all in the attempt, of course, to be, well, beautiful. I want to have perfect skin and I want it for a long time. I long to age gracefully and to do everything I can to make that happen.

But what about the rest of my body? I give the rest of my body only a fraction of the attention that I pay to my face and neck. I was recently reminded of this by Marguerite, a reader of The Daily Connoisseur, when she reminded me in the comment section of a Le No Makeup Look post about the importance of wearing sunscreen on my hands and arms on a daily basis. (I admitted I only use sunscreen on my face and neck). While I don’t have any age or sunspots now, that might not be the case in a couple of years and prevention is the best course of action… while there is still hope!

Marguerite’s comment got me thinking (thank you Marguerite!) What is the point of spending so much time preventing sun damage and aging of the face if we do not do the same for the rest of the body?

Only giving special attention to your face and neck would be like dressing for the day and not looking at yourself from all angles before stepping out the front door. Perhaps there is a rip in your stockings from the back or a hole in your trousers! I was reminded that it is important to look at the whole picture with regards to your beauty regimen.

Right about the time when this was all happening I was contacted by La Isha, an all natural holistic skincare company wanting to know if I would be interested in reviewing their product Breast SOS (pictured above)- a topical serum derived from essential oils that helps maintain the beauty and health of the décolleté. The offer to review really could not have come at a better time because I started to think about my décolleté which has also been sadly neglected my whole life. I’ve never done any beauty treatment or preventative measure to that area. And while it looks just fine now, what will it look like in 10 or 15 years? I got back to La Isha and agreed to try out Breast SOS. It was time I started to pay equal attention to the rest of my body.

After using Breast SOS for the better part of a month (I apply the serum only at night) I have been very pleased with the results. La Isha purports that it helps tone, firm and rejuvenate chest and breast area, fade age spots, hyperpigmentation, and minimize appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin-creases. Now, it is important for me to say that I don’t actually have any of the above maladies yet so I could not report on whether or not the product got rid of age spots or wrinkles in that area. But what it did do for me was help my décolleté feel moisturized, elastic and well, radiant. It has a very potent aroma due to its herbal composition (mainly pomegranate seed oil) and it is for that reason I only wear it at night. Also after applying Breast SOS I would get a pleasing, tingling sensation on my skin in the area applied indicating that something was happening. What that something is- who knows! It’s probably just my skin in that area rejoicing in finally being pampered after so many years of neglect!

Breast SOS is a really innovative product. Incidentally La Isha also has an entire great line of skincare including creams, serums and scrubs to target the aging process naturally. I had agreed to review Breast SOS but out of courtesy they sent me small samples of some of their other skincare products. I particularly like their aromatherapy face wash, coconut orange skin polish and their pomegranate moisture booster. Because I only used the small samples for about a week I am not able to do a comprehensive review on them here (I like to try a product for at least three weeks before recommending it). But what I did notice from sampling the skincare products was that they are of a very nice consistency, are very gentle on the skin and did not make me break out (a huge plus for me!) I do need to mention, however, that most of the products have a very potent scent due to their all natural use of botanical herbs and medical grade essential oils. The scent might be strong for some but it is nice to know that there is nothing artificial about the fragrances attributed to the products.

La Isha is another great company, run by women, environmentally friendly and with all natural products that is worth exploring. Visit their website: www.la-isha.com for more information or click here to go directly to Breast SOS.

Now I realize that taking care of my décolleté has opened the door to an entire world that I have been otherwise blissfully ignoring. The world of neck firming creams, cellulite creams, wrinkle prevention creams, etc. But I do remind myself that finding these special tonics is one of the secrets that French women employ to look great as they age without resorting to surgery. So to that I say, bring it on!

I would love to know… with skincare do you focus mainly on the face and neck? Or do you take care of the whole body with equal attention?

For more information on Breast SOS please visit: www.la-isha.com

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

22 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jennifer:
Such organization in your bathroom drawers puts us to shame. But, we will be inspired by your video and set to now to remedy the situation!

We hope that you are having a really enjoyable week.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for an all-natural skincare regimen and this sounds perfect for me! Is there any way you could elaborate on the other products you mentioned (wash, scrub, cream)? Maybe write a review about those? Would love to know what you think before I consider buying them! I trust your opinion...

Mary Wackon said...

Wow, I'd never even thought to take care of my chest that much--I've always focused on my face and neck as well. Great post, thanks!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Jane and Lance Hattatt- Haha! I am getting a lot of similar comments on the video itself- I try to organize my drawers on a regular basis to avoid a clutter disaster :) Have a great week!

Anon- Thank you very much. I have updated this post to include thoughts on the other products. Because I only received small sample sizes of the other products I did not do a full comprehensive review (I like to sample a product for at least 3 weeks before recommending it) but what I did sample from the skincare line was very impressive. If you want all natural- they are your company!

Mary- Thank you! It makes sense doesn't it? But for some reason I wasn't taking care of that area. I am doing another post on all over skincare soon as I found a great exfoliating cloth for the body.

Lacey R said...

I loved your organizing makeup video...you've inspired me to buy some organizers! :)

Earlier this year, I started using L'Occitane products (cleanser and moisturizer) for my face, from the Olive Oil line. Both helped my skin immensely during the winter after a bad bout with the Clinique 3 step program. I tried a sample of the Divine Cream and loved it. I am going to buy the Divine Cream once I use up my Olive Oil moisturizer.

After reading about La Roche-Posay products, I decided to try some of their products - Anthelios XL 60 SPF Cream and Effaclar Face Wash. I am loving both already!

Looking forward to further recommendations!

Anonymous said...

I'm very inspired by your organization! Also love your wedding set, would you mind posting a picture of it? Thanks!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

LR- Thank you! I love L'Occitane products and found their ultra rich face cream to be very effective during the winter months. Thanks for the recommendations!

Anon- I also meant to mention to you (and I updated this in the post) that the La Isha products have a very potent scent. There is nothing artificial about their fragrance as the scent is just an outcome of the botanical herbs used in the composition of the products but the scent is quite strong- particularly in the nutrient rich face creme. I wanted to mention that in case you happen to be sensitive to strong scents.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Anon- Thank you! Mr. Connoisseur picked out my engagement and wedding rings- He has good taste :)

nina said...

Bonjour everyone!

I have lived inSouth Florida for 17 years now. I learned the hard way to put sunscreen on my hnds because I developed bad spoit from driving into the sun to work and back. Finally got rid of them by rubbing SK-II on the pack of my hands. And I simply stay indoors. I think I sit by the bulding pool once a year. I go to the pool after sundown. Never sit in the sun, like my meighbors who all have skin cancer, or are close to it!It horrifies me. I am 65 and nobody believes me. Thank Gpd. I don't use a lot of creams and facial products. I break out easily. BUT i am fanatical about SK-II I swear by it.. and Anastasia eye cream. SK-II daytime cream, and never go to sleep unless I have cleanse my face. I use Murad's Refreshing wash for my face and his exfoliator twice a week. The End.

nina said...

I didn't read the question entirely, I am sorry! I wear Jo Malone's Grapefruit body cream at nigh before bedtime... and I scrub my entire body with a dry brush in the morning before I shower to exfoliate. Then I apply another light layer of body cream afterwards. I love Borgesse's shower soap in a pump. It smells like the thermal baths and it is invigorating, especially after the scrub!! But I do use a neck cream on my neck, shoulders and chest.

Gina said...

Roughly ten years ago, I worked in cosmetics, and all of my coworkers were astounded by the texture of the skin on my neck and decollete. I've always been very good about head-to-toe skin care.

As of late, I've stepped up my game in terms of moisturizing and using sunscreen on my hands. I think hands (and feets) are two areas that need far more attention than they receive in terms of care and anti-aging.

P.S. Having lived in NYC for many years, I giggled at your notion of a small bathroom. I realize that size is relative to geography, but your bathroom would make the average NYCer swoon with delight.

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how timely this information is! I will definitely be trying this out especially since I am large busted (lots of pull, wear and tear on the decollete AND I wear lots of scoop/v-necks). Thank you! OH! Just arrived today is my Josie Maran concealer--looking forward to trying it. xxBliss

Laura Gail said...

Hi Jennifer, loved your videos. I noticed the blue/gray bottles on your countertop. Are those Paula's Choice? I've just started using her skincare and I love her Beautypedia website and books. What do you think of her products? Blessings, Laura Gail

Gina said...

FEETS? I am mortified! I need to type slower and read what I've typed!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Nina- I've heard so much about SK-II and I like that Cate Blanchett is their spokesperson- she is so beautiful and has such beautiful skin. Isn't Jo Malone Grapefruit wonderful? I haven't tried the body cream but I can imagine it is absolutely sumptuous. Thank you for sharing your regime with us!

Gina- Haha! Honestly don't worry about writing "feets". I have done much worse in the comment section before and it gave me a much needed smile today. And you are right about the bathroom being "small" I suppose it is all relative as that is small for California but not NYC! :)

Bliss- Can't wait to hear what you think about the concealer!

Laura- Yes! They are Paula's Choice products. They sent me the line to review on the blog and I have to tell you I am absolutely loving them. I will do a full comprehensive review in a few weeks after I've had the time to really try them out.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Hello Jennifer, I watched your video twice as I was so impressed by your organised drawers! Your bathroom is lovely. Adore the claw-foot! I focus on my face and hands but need to go back to bust. As I've aged, my hands are so dry that nothing seems to work anymore. Any good tips on hand cream is appreciated. I've tried a bunch! I do believe bust creams are a good idea as they get you touching your own bust more and therefore is there are any lumps etc, easier to pick up. So apart from the vanity issue, it's a worthy practice to take up! Hope all that makes sense as I am seriously sleep-deprived today! xx

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I have just watched all your videos and find you adorable!! As well as gracious and tres chic. Looking forward to more.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Josephine- You make total sense :) That is just what La Isha writes about too- the importance of checking the bust area regularly for health purposes. I need a good hand cream as well right now. I love L'Occitane... Hope you are getting sleep by now! x

Anon- Thank you so much. I'm really happy the videos are being well received. Upcoming videos are hair tutorials, more le no makeup looks, sleepwear and manicure videos :)

Christine said...

Hi, Jennifer! This is the first time I have commented on your blog as I am a recent visitor:)

As an almost 44 yr. old, I have begun to notice spots on my face and hands and am not happy about them:( However, I do believe in age gracefully without a lot of fuss. No, I do not want to look "old" too quickly; it's just that I firmly believe that at a certain point in our feminine existence that the inner beauty with have developed over the years needs to be what truly shines through:)

That said, we all know that in order for someone to be close enough to see that inner beauty they need to get past what is on the outside. L'Occitane has been a redeemer in many ways for me. I have also been a faithful Mary Kay user for the past 3 yrs. And, I can't help but mention this rather inexpensive daily use product because it has really made an incredible difference in the texture of my skin over the past month - Dove Visible Care Renewing Creme Body Wash.

I can't wait to see more on the Le No Makeup looks! I went to Sephora this weekend in hot pursuit of the Josie Maran concealer to find they were out of the color I would need...online, though, to the rescue!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Jennifer, I just had to add. I've started using the Jurlique Rose hand cream again and it's wonderful. So soothing and my hands feel a thousand times better already. I think I'm hooked for now. xx

Skin Care said...

No sunburns yet? You're not too late!

FDA released a new set of rules for sun screens, and though it's impossible, I hope they send out a list of great sun screens which are true to their claims.

Cutis Medical said...

This is a very intriguing post, I was looking for this knowledge. Just so you know I found your web site when I was searching for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think
skin rejuvenation