11.24.2009

# beauty # perfume

YSL Parisienne- A Perfume Review


It has been a while since I have fallen in love with a scent. As some of you know the two scents I wear the most are Stella and Narciso Rodriguez For Her. This past summer I purchased Stella Sheer- the limited edition summer version of the original Stella and fell in love with that (and almost cried when I couldn’t get another bottle… it’s long gone- I should have bought two!).

So I am over the moon that Yves Saint Laurent’s new fragrance, Parisienne has hit the shelves because I have sampled it twice now and have literally fallen in love with it! Parisienne is a very feminine scent- and a mysterious one at that. Its main notes are composed of blackberry, damask rose and sandalwood.

At first spray Parisienne is delightful with a heavy sandalwood note but the dry down is where it holds all of its mystery. The blackberry note is much stronger in the dry down and I think I detected notes of… dare I say… Dr. Pepper? I know, I have probably lost the plot but there you have it. I detect Dr. Pepper in the dry down and I am not ashamed to admit that I love it! (It’s a sensual Dr. Pepper... if there can be such a thing).

The commercial for the scent stars Kate Moss writhing in a bed of silk sheets and damask roses with the Eifel tower in the background- and yes that pretty much sums it up. YSL’s Parisienne is a sensual, naughty fragrance. One that I am delighted to have found. I plan on purchasing my very own bottle next week at duty free!

I would love to know what perfume or cologne you’ve fallen in love with recently…

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aqua Di Gio by Armani has been my signature scent for 10 years. Wow. I never realized that until now. The scent is amazing. I get compliments all the time. It must work perfect with my body chemistry.

M.Lane said...

I knew this would be a great cologne! There are only two sorts of women....Parisiennes....and everyone else. [What a tag line!]. But it is true.

As for my favorites for ME, OK, I'll play along...Chanel Platinum Egoiste is my first choice, then Gucci Pour Homme [the original, not the new one], then Jockey Club by Caswell Massey.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

I'm like michael I have worn the same sent since I can remember lately I bought a bottle of fcuk her(french connection united kingdom)Kind of a dirty name...but I love it, I feel like a new woman.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I still love my Coco, Daisy and Shalimar but I must admit to being tempted to stray with Parisienne. I tried it the other day and loved it as well. I wasn't too sure if I was just swayed by that great shot of Kate Moss against the Eiffel tower. I want a bottle too now! xx

Rebecca said...

I think I want a bottle of Parisienne! I'm always in search of my holy grail fragrance, but I haven't found it yet.

jeff said...

I love the manner you speak of this perfume !
It's intelligently made, and they smell almost the smell of perfume ! ! ! D'you know "J'ADORE" of Dior ?...;-)
Sorry for my english ! ! !
Je parle mieux le français que l'anglais ! C'est comme ça !

Amitiés du Sud de la France !
See you...;-)

Jeff

Lisa D. said...

I haven't sampled this one yet. I'll have to take a sniff next time I see a bottle. The two fragrances I like best are YSL Elle and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I don't buy much perfume because I never seem to like any better than those two. But with those two, it was like...I sprayed it on myself and got addicted and just HAD to have it. :)

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

P.S. http://cgi.ebay.com/STELLA-MCCARTNEY-SHEER-EDT-SPRAY-3-3-OZ-2009-EDITION_W0QQitemZ160370496119QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2556d39277

Tom Bailey said...

Ok, this is good to know. There are some women in my life that like to have what is hot now and this looks like something that fits that bill. You gave such a detailed write up they should give you a couple of free bottles.

As a guy I have no idea what the heck "demask rose" smells like my smell range is clean, too sweet smelling and bad. As a guy my olfactory lobes (the smelling part of the brain must be very limited).

Thanks for sharing

Call the company they owe you a couple of bottles. I made a note for my personal shopper to get a couple of these. I am sold I am buying a couple for x-mas.

For myself? Whatever the woman says she likes that is not too sweet smelling is fine for me. If what cologne I wear makes a woman happy --- no problem.

Best regards,
Tom Bailey

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hermes, 24 Faubourg eau de toilette....having said that Hermes has some great new lighter scent worth a sniff! I popped in at the shops and spritzed my wrist with Parisienne and it seems like a lighter version of the YSL Paris, which I wore for many years....I might just have to buy some!

BonjourRomance said...

Thanks for the tip - I'll be sure to try it soon. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

BigLittleWolf said...

Chanel Allure... mmm... just a hint of spice, in a low, playful register...

Rose said...

Latest fave is Ormonde Jayne Tiare.

The Dr Pepper note is funny! I know what you mean- I think it's the sweetness! I rather like this too, it is very sweet but in a very feminine way. Paris and Parisienne are very rosy and you obviously love your roses as you like Stella so much so it makes sense.

I'm not sure it's quite as good as Stella- that really is a very beautiful perfume I think, especially for one so widely available.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Thank you all for sharing your favorite perfume and colognes... this topic is so fascinating to me! I love reading about what other people love and use... Thank you and I hope (if you celebrate Thanksgiving) that you all had a wonderful holiday. xoxo

Dining on Deals said...

LOL - Dr. Pepper! You crack me up.
I'm still sticking by my Pink Sugar with notes of Cotton Candy;)

pheromones attract women said...

I agree that parisienne is a very feminine scent that why its still mysterious. I really wanted to have this perfume.

cletsey