10.11.2009

# Little Luxuries # Makeup

Little Luxuries- NARS Eyeshadow in Corfu


Anyone familiar with The Daily Connoisseur knows how much I adore Chanel Eyeshadow Quads. I love their colors, textures- the richness of the pigments. I still love my Chanel but I have found a new little luxury in NARS cream eyeshadow in the shade Corfu.

Corfu is a shimmery, creamy taupe that I would imagine would be flattering on any woman. The color is buildable - one application is perfect for a pretty day face- two or more applications and you have a shimmery smokey eye for a sultry evening out. I do recommend using an eyeshadow primer beneath as this is a cream eyeshadow and can tend to crease (I like Urban Decay Primer Potion). What I love most about NARS Corfu is that you can apply it with your fingertips for easy glamour.

NARS cream eyeshadow retails for about $21 and can be purchased at www.sephora.com

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful color. It looks like it would look good on blondes too. I will have to try it. Thanks!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

The things I learn from you Jennifer! I knew about facial primers but never eyeshadow primers! This colour is lovely. xx

Unknown said...

That shade *is* Corfu, isn't it!

(Someone at Chanel has a very keen eye - or two, even!)

;)

xxx
A-L F

Lisa D. said...

Oh, pretty! You know, I've been looking for a neutral eyeshadow for the makeup bag I keep in my purse - something I can use to touch up on the go or quickly apply after showering @ the gym. This is definitely an option!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new find! Maybe I can try it on Halloween one year. :-)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Rebecca- I think taupe looks good on everyone- definitely blonds! I hope you enjoy it...

Josephine- I had only heard about eyeshadow primers until recently and thought they were just another gimmick to add to one's makeup bag- but let me tell you- I have converted! I don't wear eyeshadow everyday but when I do (and I use a primer) my eyeshadow does not budge for 8 hours plus! No creases! It's amazing... With cream eyeshadow I still get a few creases but that is the nature of the product...

Anna-Lys- I love Chanel everything... eyeshadows especially. Just saw Coco Avant Chanel, the movie last night and have a new appreciation for Coco xo

Coastal Chicster- This is such a great neutral shade. I've added it to my 'favorites' makeup bag :)

Michael- lol! I think for Halloween you might want something more dramatic! Unless you want to go as an understated French woman... I could see that working ;) xoxo

La Belette Rouge said...

My favorite Nars neutral shadow is All about Eve. But I will definitely check out Corfu.

claudinha said...

woww, my friends put in money and bought me some make up and i found that same colour, but i didn't know if it would look good on my , thankyou for you wonderful help =]

vicki archer said...

This sounds like a goody for me...thanks Jennifer, xv.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Belette- I just looked at All About Eve on Sephora and it looks amazing... that might have to be my next one :)

Claudinha- Thank you for your lovely comment- I hope you enjoy it!

Vicki- you would look gorgeous in this shade... xo

Rose said...

Nars is incredible make- up. I haven't found better anywhere.

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

I come from a little town called Corfu, NY. I must get this product.